Wednesday, December 10, 2008

.myFuture Foundation....

I came home from my Far East Golf Tour to read the news about my good friend Zaid Ibrahim being expelled from UMNO! I thought there are many other UMNO members who deserved to be sacked for more serious reasons than what Zaid has been accused of...




I attended a dinner organised by Zaid, the day before I left for my golfing trip to Hong Kong, which was the first of a series of fund-raising events to help establish the .myFuture Foundation. I may not have agreed with everything about Zaid and/or his politics but I can certainly agree and be in full support of his vision and mission for the .myFuture Foundation.
The Foundation, among others, plans to :
1. carry out a survey of about 500 to 1000 young Malaysians to set a benchmark to understand their attitude towards their peers from different cultural backgrounds
2. and as a follow-up of the survey, to organise a series of workshops and discussions involving experts, academicians and community leaders that are designed to provide education and awareness on race relations in Malaysia
3. to set up an effective website which will not only serve as the online presence and communication of the Foundation but will become an interactive portal to engage young people in the mission of the Foundation.
A minimum fund of RM 1 million is required for the establishment of the .myFuture Foundation and your contribution is most welcomed...

No comments: