Sunday, July 6, 2008

Knowle's Bed n Breakfast

I wrote the last post from a free 'hot-spot' in downtown Drumnadochit that I was rushed into finishing it due to limited time. I wish to post a 'special' on Knowle's B & B as I had only mentioned it in passing the last time.

Nestled in a quiet corner up Balmacaan Street, this is a homely B & B run by a Dutch couple, Knowle and Miriam who migrated here 15 years ago. What attracted me first were the many pieces of antique furniture which reminded me very much of home.




And an old vintage Audi car that !



They even have a farm and served us fresh eggs for breakfast from their own farm.





My vegetarian breakfast of fried brie (cheese), corn cake, baked beans, fried egg, fried mushrooms and baked tomato.




Miriam is a certified practitioner of "Aura Therapy' - a complementary art of healing for depression and other stress-related disorders of mind and emotion. It was wonderful to have met this fine couple and their lovely house.

No comments: