Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Ninja Golfer went 'amuk'...

I played badly in my first round at the Royal Sumatra Golf Club. I put the blame on the fact that I had not recovered from the jet-lag after returning from Scotland. So to ensure that I would be properly rested for the second round at the Graha Golf Course, I pampered myself to two hours of 'traditional massage' at the hotel and downed a few shots of a local 'brew'.




Our flight was made up of Pak Ali and Pak Sheikh again and Pak Captain was replaced by Pak Norahim. The good night sleep had indeed helped to improve my game as I won the ball-sweep for the first nine. I was not sure what Pak Ali's remedy was, but he played like a ninja-gone berserk! Playing to a handicap of 26, he returned a stableford score of 42! Without his Katana 3, he was hitting with his driver on the fairway. I have only seen Tiger Woods doing that.





Pak Norahim had played with me at least twice during the Yogya tour. In Yogya I was pitted against Pak Norahim and his brother, Pak Nordin, in a game where the seniors were matched against the juniors. And I gave both of them a thrashing! Not convinced at my abilities Pak Captain decided to play me against the both of them again with the addition of another junior the next day. And, again, I returned home with points for the senior team. The joke of the trip was that both the brothers were traumatised by the experience.


The joke must be close to the truth! ....For from the very first day when we were in Medan, Pak
Norahim kept saying that he was worried to play against me on the second day.He had actually 'psyched' himself into defeat! And true enough, nothing was right for him that day and on the the third day as well.

To Pakdokter's delight...he was able to recoup the hundreds of thousands of rupiahs he lost on the first day.( Thanks to 'chaccarat' and thanks to Pak Norahim)




To Pak Norahim, can I suggest that you sign up for a ' program rehabilitasi psikologi dan mental which will be held in Bogor in due course.







'
Wajah Pakgolfer yang 'trauma'

No comments: