Monday, October 20, 2008

Syawal in Jakarta.....


A group of us decided to revisit Jakarta for a weekend of golf after the month-long break of Ramadhan. The evening MH flight was at least 60% taken. Perhaps the economic meltdown has not yet fully reared its ugly head.
The drive to downtown Jakarta was a surprisingly free flow without the usual 'macet' that we were frequently told during our previous trips. Perhaps I was wrong in my earlier observation about the economy. But the hotel we checked in was a hive of activity and I must admit the Le Meridien Jakarta was a good choice in terms of comfort and accessibility to the golf courses where we played.
Rancamaya is about one and a half hour drive out of Jakarta in the resort hilltown of Bogor. It is one of the better golf courses in Bogor and a favourite among the many golfing tourists. I played here early last year and I noticed that many of the residential homes being built then had been completed.
one of the many luxury bungalows at Rancamaya...
We played from the blue tee which measured 6471 yards. As Pak Fakaruden had to cancel his trip at the last minute due to having to do a site visit of his project at home, I was put in a flight of 3 with Pak Ariffin and Pak Zulrauf for company.
pakdokter, pak Ariffin and pak Zulrauf...
pak Ariffin at the tee..
The fine weather and the cool gentle breeze probably had helped my game. I returned a score 0f 49/46 and playing to a handicap of 22 managed to accumulate a total of 35 stableford points. That gave me the second best score for the day rewarding me a few hundred thousand rupiahs from the pool.
And of course, thanks to my ever sharp and accurate caddy, Eliss.

pakdokter and Eliss....


2 comments:

fidel said...

Wah, bukan main Pak Dokter!

Ever sharp...or ever smiling?

boy from dungun said...

Ya..lah. no wonder his score was so good. Fidel, you should try to be his caddy in the next trip! See if he can score any better...