Saturday, November 15, 2008

RSGC Japan Tour 2008 (1)...

With the year creeping quickly to its end, I decided to look up some of the golfing highlights of the year which I had not blogged in my site.

The Royal Selangor Golf Club makes an annual visit to the Biwako Golf and Country Club every April of the year to coincide with the arrival of the Sakura in early spring. This is a return home- -and-away interport game between the two clubs.





The Biwako golfers normally visit RSGC in January when the winter makes it too cold to play golf in Japan. Some of them spend a month in Malaysia playing golf at the many courses all over our country.









Ever since ,Rastam, my son, started work in Tokyo 2 years ago, I have taken the opportunity to join this tour in 2007 and visit my son after each of that trip.





The 2008 contingent was made up of 26 golfers including several committe members of the club. We played a practise round on the first day and I was put in a flight with Adriansan, an Australian forex trader who is a member of RSGC, Azlansan who is the MD of Mycron Steel and Mr Yap Wing Sun from Penang who is a MD of one of the subsidiary companies of Wah Seong Corporation.


Azlan, pakdokter, Yap Wing Sun and Adrian..



We were caddied by a sweet young Japanese university student reading economics. She also happens to be in the Japanese Ladies Junior Professional Golf Training Programme. In Japan there is only one caddy to look after the flight of four golfers and the buggy runs on its own along a fixed track throughout the course controlled by the caddy using a remote control device.

I played my usual standard of golf, returning a score of 54/54. What made up for the game was the one birdie I made on the 1st Nine and a par on the 2nd Nine.
With Adriansan leading the pack ( Adriansan speaks Japanese well) we tracked to a local Japanese pub for dinner where we enjoyed the varieties of pub grub and drinks.




The interport game was held the next day and I was again partnered with Adriansan. The Biwako counterpart was made up of Okazakisan and another younger golfer whose name unfortunately has escaped my memory.


??, pakdokter, Adrian and Okazakisan


We were treated to a lavish dinner in keeping with the usual great Japanese hospitality.



group pic after the prize giving ceremony...

No comments: