Wednesday, November 5, 2008

So, I was not alone...

I woke up early Wednesday morning to follow the US Presidential election results and was glued to my chair until the victory speech of President-Elect Barack Obama.
Half-way through his speech I found myself choked in tears. It is not often that I was moved by such a 'powerful' speech. I wonder what it was that 'moved' me so much.
I saw on TV Jesse Jackson was also crying. Later on Wednesday night, in the CNN interview ,even Colin Powell admitted that he shed tears during that speech.
So, I was not alone in this......
How, I wished , that one day, with 'Barakat - Berkat Allah - Barack' , Malaysia will be 'blessed' with someone who will rise with the same charisma and vision for a new Malaysia that transcends the the racial and religious divide.

2 comments:

boy from dungun said...

Obama really deserve the Presidency and hopefully for the full two terms. I can see that his two and half years spent at Menteng, Jakarta, did not go to waste either. Jakarta is indeed a place for numerous lessons, including golf, (as shown in your blog)!

So kapan ke Dubai pulak, Pak?
May I suggest Jan, as the weather will be nice and cool. We can play at a couple of courses nearby or go to Emirates GC. I played there last week and shall be playing again this week in a 2 day event on wed & thur. But the course is meant for the top pro, the likes of T.Woods, who was a champion there last year.

Btw, Linza and 2 boys are settling in well. Russo goes to a French school near our villa while Ryo keeps her occupied in between her other work.

Pls pencil in Dubai for Jan. We ll be very happy to accommodate both of you (but not the caddies!).

Best Regards from all of us.

pakdokter said...

Glad to know your family is settled in Dubai. Will seriously consider your invitation. Currently no confirmed plans for that time yet though both my children will be returning home for the X'mas and New Year break until first week of January. My partner is still undecided whether to follow one of them back to either Tokyo or Edinburgh. So now got to consider another option...